Monday, June 17, 2013

Sci fi week

I'm having a sci fi week of cakes this week (although I may get sidetracked if I see something that I simply must blog about instead).
I love sci fi movies and tv series - Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate (all the "star" thingies in fact. lol).
I read a lot but usually crime and spy novels. I don't think I've read any sci fi books; the ones I've read are probably more "fantasy" than sci fi. "Lord Valentine's Castle" by Robert Silverberg and "The Chronicles of Prydain" by Lloyd Alexander are some that come to mind.
Anyway back to cakes.

For today I'm featuring robot cakes.
Found this R2D2 cake from Comper Cakes in Mandurah Western Australia. It's chocolate marble mud cake and lots of layers of chocolate ganache. Yum!



From Imaginative Icing Co in England is this K9 cake - and I love that it is for a 40th birthday!



Steampunk meets robot in this next cake from Dreamday Cakes in Florida USA and again made for a man - one who enjoys building robots out of scrap metal.



How darn cute is that wee robot holding the tiny cupcake!

And this next one is cute too from Betty Crocker:


Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment