Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Polar Birthday

Today is my dh's birthday and he's 54. Not seen him this morning as I was out walking when he went to work. I've taken a couple of mudcakes out of the freezer and I'm hoping to have a bit of time today to whip up something special in the way of cake or cakepops or biscuits.
Not sure what as yet, but I do know that it has to be polar bear related.
So digressing somewhat today from my usual focus on one cake artist I bring you (and me) a whole lot of polar bear stuff:


This first one is by Deanne Watson who is the daughter of a friend of mine. As far as I know Deanne doesn't have a website and I don't think I'll be tackling this cake!

This cake I found on a site called Coolest Birthday Cakes:


I reckon I might be able to do that - the person who made it tells how she did it too.

These biscuits are from The Queen of Tarts:


Here's some cake pops from Celebrate Creativity and woohoo they have a tutorial here too!


These little cupcakes are from Celebrate With Cake:


I'll let you know tomorrow how I get on and I'll try to remember and photograph it as I go - whatever it is that I decide to make.

Oh heck, just remembered it's my old mum's birthday tomorrow (she's turning 89 - any ideas?)







No comments:

Post a Comment