Monday, March 4, 2013

Self-taught cake artist

Good Morning,
looking back at last week's dates I realised that I had finished (according to the blog) on Thursday. Strange that 'cause I thought I had posted on Friday.
Checked the dates on my blog settings and they were set for the previous day (flamin' yankee time!), so hopefully I have fixed that small glitch and sanity is restored.

On to today's cake decorator which is Debbie's Novelty Cakes
Debbie is in Narre Warren and says she is mostly self-taught apart from a couple of classes, making cakes for family and friends. 
Apart from pictures of her beautiful wedding cakes and other special occasion cakes, she has put up an interesting "behind-the-scenes" look at the building of a cake.
There's pictures of a guitar cake in progress and also a "terracotta warrior" cake in progress. 
The pictures give you a glimpse into what goes into building the base for a themed cake. I guess that gives us all a bit more of an appreciation for the time and talent that goes into these cakes. 
Check out this pretty cake on Debbie's facebook page:





No comments:

Post a Comment