Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It's beginning to look...

December - creeps up on you and then bang - lots to do!
I think we have to feature Christmas themed cakes this month plus there'll be a couple of tutorials coming up.

I quite like gingerbread cakes, although they never get eaten at our house so I just have to admire them from afar.

"And I had but one penny in the world. 
Thou should'st have it to buy gingerbread." 
-William Shakespeare


Lior's Cake Designs from Queensland creates these nice houses with cute reindeer on the roof.


Sweet Nothings from South Australia 
created this cute wee house:


I love this next one which is by 
Heather Baird of Sprinkle Bakes. I love the rustic doors and beams which give it a bit of an Alpine look.


On the Butter Hearts Sugar blog you'll find a step-by-step tutorial for this gingerbread house. Kara, who made this lovely creation is in Brisbane, Queensland.


How stunning is this window display by 



Love love love this row of townhouses. 
Found these at Der Koekenbakkers



More tomorrow - thinking of other things gingerbread.










No comments:

Post a Comment