Friday, September 20, 2013

Post-pirate day

I did enjoy Talk Like a Pirate Day yesterday, however, I did have to explain to a lot of people why I was talking "like that".

The following conversation occurred between myself and my son Connor via text messages:

me: Blow me down me bucko.

C: What?

me: Avast me hearties!
       Shiver me timbers!

C: Are you watching pirate movies?

me: No.
      Don't you know what day it is?

C: Cake day?

C: Pirate day?

C: Don't have to pay board day?

C: You pay me board day?

C: You buy me a Porsche day?

me: Aarr it be "talk like a pirate day" matey. Ye must be one of those sons of biscuit eaters or some sort of scurvy dog

C: Mum gives out expensive things to Connor day?

C: Sons of biscuit...

C: Omg mum

C: The cake show has finally cracked you...

C: Scurvy dog...

C: I think you've lost it hahaha

me: ye are a scallywag.


Just a couple of piratey cakes to finish off the week.
First one is from Antonella Di Maria Torte & Design:


And I like the clean lines of this one, however I couldn't find out who made it.







No comments:

Post a Comment